Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pizza Supreme

Pizza Pizza! My favorite! Good thing you can make some really good cheezy-melty vegan pizza with the right ingredients. I enjoy making my own whole wheat dough (It's actually super easy in the food processor. I'll post a recipe next time I make it), but when I go to Whole Foods I usually pick up some of their whole wheat dough and put it in the freezer. It is so convenient-- just set it out on the counter for a few hours until it has thawed.

I am also lucky that my boyfriend is good at tossing the pizza dough. I'm not so good at that part so I prep the veggies while he builds the pizza.


Ingredients:
Plain pizza sauce (preferably from a jar not a can)
Sprinkle of Basil
Sprinkle of Oregano
Shredded Cheese alternative mozarella style (use a fine grater so that it melts more easily)
Sliced Mushrooms
Diced Green Pepper
Diced Red Onion
Boca Ground Crumbles
Yves "Pepperoni"
More Cheeze (I normally use Daiya or Follow Your Heart brand)

Bake at about 450 until the crust is completely done and cheeze starts to brown just a little. Make sure that the middle gets done!



Top it off with some vegan "Parmesan" and crushed red pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment