Sunday, February 7, 2010

Los Tacos Mas Ricos

I love making vegan tacos. They're even better when you have Daiya cheddar "cheese" to melt on top. I am so happy that my nearest Whole Foods decided to carry it (in the refrigerated vegan section).

For this meal, I used frozen Boca ground veggie crumbles. (Make sure to read the labels on these type of products, though, because some Boca or Morningstar Farms (etc.) products contain eggs or milk. Always double check.) I sauted some garlic, onion, and green pepper and jalapeno to season the "beef." I also added cayane, salt, pepper, and cumin. After the veggies have sauted for a couple minutes just mix in the crumbles, heat, season, and enjoy. Quick and easy.


I like to put Daiya, tomatoes, lettuce, fresh cilantro, and salsa on my tacos. And I made a little taco salad on the side. So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment