Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chicken Fried Tofu dinner



Here's what you see on this plate:  Red quinoa, steamed broccoli and carrots, skillet potatoes, braised kale, and fried tofu. 

For the tofu, we kind of cheated and started with a pre-baked savory tofu made by WildWood organics.  I Love the firm texture of the baked tofu and this brand has just enough savory flavor-- but not too much. 

I prepared one shallow bowl with a mixture of almond milk and arrowroot starch, and another bowl with flour, panko, and seasoned salt.  We sliced the tofu in thin triangles and heated oil in a skillet.  Fry each side for a couple minutes until brown, then set on a paper towel before plating. 

My plate: (as you can see, I'm a kale addict)
 Chris' plate: 

As for everything else, I used my rice cooker for the quinoa, the potatoes have onions, garlic, and red peppers, and you can look at this post to see how I like to cook my greens. 


No comments:

Post a Comment