Sunday, July 17, 2011

Things to make with chickpeas

I made a big batch of chickpeas using my pressure cooker, so I had to find some different uses for them.

I first made a kale and sundried tomato hummus that was inspired by a recipe on VeganYumYum.  I processed the beans first with salt/pepper and olive oil, then added the kale (steam it, and press all the water out) and tomatos and processed a bit more.  A healthy twist on hummus!



I also made "Roasted Chichers," which turn the beans into a tasty snack.  I saw this recipe in my Vegan Planet cookbook and they were so quick and easy I had to try it!  Just put the chickpeas in a shallow baking dish, drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.  Heat the oven to 400 and cook for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.


We added some of those chichers to a southwest-style tofu scramble (yum!), and the next day I put the leftovers in a melty, grilled breakfast sandwich featuring Daiya vegan cheddar!  Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment