Saturday, June 5, 2010

Spinach Pasta with Tomato Sauce

I've seen this locally-made pasta made by Decio Pasta sold at farmers markets and Whole Foods, so I thought I'd give it a try. They have many different flavors, and I decided on "Spinach Basil Garlic" infused linguine. (Upon visiting their website I realized this is their #1 seller). In just four minutes the noodles are perfectly al dente. The flavor isn't over-powering, but the essence of spinach, basil and garlic was there.


I also sauted some onions and garlic, then added sliced veggie italian sausage (Lightlife brand Smart Sausage). A friend gave me some cherry tomatoes from her garden, so I sliced them in half and sauteed them before adding a jar of organic pasta sauce.


I can't wait to try other some of the other pasta "flavors" made by Decio. It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment