Sunday, April 4, 2010

Vegan Shrimp? Interesting...

I must admit that I have mixed feelings about Vegetarian Plus brand Vegan Shrimp. On one hand, its appearance and texture really do bring back fond memories of delicious shrimp that I once enjoyed. On the other, it's lacking in taste and isn't quite as tender as I'd like. My conclusion is that vegan shrimp is more of a fun novelty vegan food, but worth a try if you used to like shrimp like me. (I would like to try mixing it in a food processor to see if i can make something like a krab cake or krab rangoons. We'll see how that goes later.)


For this pasta, we used whole wheat angel hair noodles, diced red pepper, sliced crimini mushrooms, diced onion, fresh garlic, olive oil, and crushed red pepper. I let the shrimp thaw before tossing it in with the other ingredients, then at the end mixed in the noodles and let it all cook together for a minute at the end.



(There is Daiya vegan cheese garlic bread in the background... so good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment